Omawari-son On The Road

Parents send their children out in to the world and wonder. What’s going on? What are they up to?

Back when I was in college, parents kept up with their kids with occasional long distance calls in the evenings, when the phone company rates dropped. In between calls, they could only hope that we didn’t do anything to get ourselves in the papers.

The net and cell phones make things so much easier. I hear from the Omawari-son much more than my parents ever dreamed of hearing from me. And when he travels with the band, I can hope he’s doing something to get himself in the paper.

And thanks to The Tennessean, I can get a peek at what’s going on with his trip to play at the Music City Bowl in Nashville. Future’s so bright, he’s gotta wear shades.

Go Pack. Don’t know which football team wins, but I damn sure know which band does – this one.

Happy New Year, everyone. My thanks to all of you who read and encourage my writing. I’ve got more to come.

17 Comments on “Omawari-son On The Road”

1. All sorts of good wishes for him and the brightness of his future and the joy that you and all of the O’s have in watching him take the world by storm. Thanks for sharing the goodness. Happy New Year to you and the Omawari-family.

2. Wonderful! SInce I have to watch the person next to me clap in order to keep the rhythm, I’m always impressed with a bands ability to march and play or twirl at the same time. No amount of practice would make that possible for me.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.

3. robincoyle says:

Happy New Year, Lynn.

4. Pie says:

Thanks for all your posts, Oma. I may not had been able to read, or respond to every one, but I have thoroughly enjoyed myself all the same. I expect the same stellar quality in 2013. Happy New Year, to you and your family. I hope this next year will be an exceptional one for you.

It’s hard to put into words the pride we band parents have in our offspring — you’ve done so! For the band kids, a football victory is nice, but a Battle of the Bands win is icing on the cake. Happy 2013 to you and yours!

6. Very cool indeed! Happy New Year and very bright future.

7. Omawarison says:

For our last song in the Battle of the Bands we did the 1812 Overture (plus cannon). Not many bands are used to playing near explosives, I can tell you that.

I love the smell of sulfur in the evening.

If I happen to be channel surfing, I always stop if I come across a Pack game just to see if I can catch a glimpse of the band.

Just came upon this the other day. Watch for the guy in the red and white band shirt, bouncing. The white ball cap is the most subtle thing he’ll have on his head this basketball season.